A prospective resident must meet the following criteria before being considered for residency. A resident who no longer meets the following admission criteria due to a permanent change in status may have their residency terminated by Rambling Oaks Courtyard.
The Prospective Resident:
- Must be able to provide a complete physicians medical report, which must include all current prescriptions, over the counter medications and a history and physical done within 30 days of admission. All must be submitted before the move-in date along with the signed Residency Agreement.
- Must be able to transfer with the assistance of one person without the need of a total lift. Must possess the cognitive ability to make all transfer needs known.
- Must be able to eat with minimal assistance and not require a special diet (soft, pureed, no added salt, low cholesterol, no concentrated sweets or healthy heart diets are not considered special).
- Must be able to leave their individual residence unsupervised. Not prone to wandering.
- Must not require any physical or chemical restraints.
- Must be able to manage incontinence. Resident must have the cognitive ability to request bathroom assistance.
- Must maintain sanitary odor free conditions in their apartments.
- Must be oriented to person, place and time with minimal prompting.
- Must not have a diagnosed mental illness (that cannot be managed by medication), infectious or communicable disease (that cannot be managed through the use of Universal Precautions).
- Must not be a threat to themselves or others.
- Must be able to manage activities of daily living independently or have the cognitive ability to request assistance provided by staff.
- Must be able to manage medications independently (with physician and Rambling Oaks Courtyard approval) or with supervision by Rambling Oaks Courtyard staff.